COVID-19 stay-at-home orders have challenged the very fabric of the U.S. education system, particularly when it comes to providing underserved students with equal access to remote learning capability. Commonly referred to as the “Homework Gap,” a lack of equality in the distribution of internet connectivity, computers, tablets, and other IT services outside of schools – and in student homes –... Read More
Microsoft Office is the most utilized productivity suite in the world; and, there are several reasons why. One of the most cited is that they routinely update the applications with new and innovative features. Office 2019 has been out for just under a year and today, we’ll talk about the biggest improvements Microsoft has made within their signature productivity suite. To begin, Office 2019 features the following apps:
- Written by Ken Fletcher
- Published: 02 Aug 2019
OutlookOutlook is Microsoft’s personal information manager. Most people use it predominantly as an email application, but it also offers users a dedicated calendar, task and contact management, and more. Changes in Outlook 2019 include:
- One-click fixes for accessibility issues - Enhanced accessibility options are updated to new international standards.
- Focused inbox - Outlook now features more options to keep you focused on the information you need and less on the glut of email that you may get.
- Outlook reads your emails to you - Outlook now offers a text to voice option that will read your emails to you.
WordMicrosoft Word is the Office suite’s legendary word processor. Word 2016 was the standard for several years, and now with Word 2019, users are starting to see more dynamic collaboration options. Some changes to Word 2019 include:
- Real time collaboration - Work side-by-side with others to collaborate on documents in real time.
- Integrated translation - Microsoft translator gives workers the ability to translate words, phrases, and sentences in many languages.
- Enhanced reading options - Instead of straining your eyes, choose options to help make it easier on them, including page color, column width, text spacing, or have Word read your document to you.
- Easier navigation - You can now flip though documents quickly with side-by-side view.
ExcelMicrosoft Excel is a spreadsheet program bundled with Microsoft Office. The new version of Excel presents users a whole slew of new and interesting features, many of which improve its ability to sufficiently act as a database. Here are a few of the new features:
- New Charts - Users can now create a series of new charts, including map charts, funnel charts, and more.
- Precision selecting - Now users can deselect cells that aren’t relevant to their query without having to frustratingly start over.
- New and improved connectors - Now there are integrations that allow Excel to be front and center on any of your organization’s analytics initiatives.
PowerPointThose that rely on PowerPoint, know just how useful the presentation software can be. PowerPoint 2019 features these improvements to an already industry-leading software:
- Zoom for PowerPoint - Provides custom navigation inside a presentation for more presenter-friendly interaction.
- SVG image compatibility - You can now insert and edit scalable vector graphics (SVG) images for clearer, more defined imagery.
- Export to 4K - Now you can export your presentation to 4K format, slightly better than Ultra High Definition.